Our at-home vitamin D test measures vitamin D2 and D3 to determine your current vitamin D levels (25 OH), allowing you to make the necessary diet, lifestyle or supplement changes to improve your health.
This simple finger-prick test will provide results within 1 week alongside an online report and expert personalised advice from our team of nutritional therapists on how to achieve optimal vitamin D levels.
Unfortunately, very few foods provide appreciable levels of vitamin D, and due to our increasingly indoor lifestyles, deficiencies and sub-optimal levels of vitamin D are common.
Who Should Take This Test?
Our vitamin D test is suitable for all adults aged 18 years and above.
Deficiency and sub-optimal levels of vitamin D are common, and The Department for Health and Social Care has identified the following groups as particularly at risk:
- People with little or no sun exposure, such as those in care homes or who cover their skin completely when outside
- People with darker skin
- Older people aged 65 years and over
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
Additionally, research suggests that the following groups may have an increased risk of deficiency:
- Vegetarians and vegans
- People with digestive issues, including Crohn’s and coeliac disease
- People taking certain medications
- People who are overweight or obese
How the test works:
- You will receive your home collection kit to collect a finger prick blood sample
- Simply follow the instructions included in the kit to register your test and collect your blood sample
- After sample collection, we recommend you return it to the lab on the same day as collection, however samples are stable for up to two weeks
- Post your sample to the NeoVos lab for analysis using the prepaid return postage in any Royal Mail post box
- Your results will be available within 1 week
- Our nutritional therapist team will have visibility of your results and will contact you via email to offer further support
Vitamin D Test Kit
An at-home vitamin D test kit to measure levels of vitamin D2 and D3
Simple finger-prick test
Results within 1 week
Reference ranges based on optimal levels for health
Receive an easy-to-read online report
Expert personalised advice from our team of nutritional therapists